Book a Party
Celebrate your child’s next birthday at the Muncie Children’s Museum! Not only will your child have a great time with his or her friends, but you’ll be encouraging their creativity and learning at the same time! An hour and a half is allotted for 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. parties. Receive an additional half an hour free when scheduling 10 a.m. parties.
Reservations are due TWO WEEKS prior to the date of the party.
|M = Member
NM = Non Member
|Build Your Own Party
M = $50, $1/guest
NM = $70, $1/guest
M = $70, $1/guest
NM =$85, $1/guest
M = $110, $1/guest
NM =$135, $1/guest
M = $160, $1/guest
NM =$185, $1/guest
Hour and a half in a room with tables and chairs for 30 people or less
|Party Host or Hostess||X||X||X||X|
|Cake and Drinks
Cake serves approx. 24 people
|Decorations and Paper Supplies
Plates, cups, napkins, forks and balloons
|Museum T-shirt for the party person||X||X|
|Themed Activities and Games||X||X|
|Ice Cream for All Party Guests||X|
|Age Appropriate Treat Bags for All Children Attending||X|
Interested in booking and purchasing a party? Click here to complete the online form.
Extravaganza Party Themes
Feel as if you’ve just stepped into a tropical paradise with this party! The Luau party includes tiki & island decorations and games. Every child attending the party gets to go home with a lei. Children can dress the part of an island hopper by wearing grass skirts. Kids get their picture next to palm tree to take home as a keepsake.
Howdy partner! The Western birthday party includes Western decorations such as a cactus, wagon wheels & steer heads. Every child who attends the party gets a plastic cowboy hat and sheriff badge. Kids get to sit up on the saddle and have their picture taken and meet one of MCM’s animals.
Ahoy Matey! Be a birthday pirate at the Museum. This party is all about the birthday pirate and his or her mates! From red & black pirate decorations, an Island Hopping game with pirate treasures, bandanas for guests and a pirate hat for the birthday boy or girl, a swashbuckling good time is guaranteed as each child goes home with a special photo.
Step into a world of make-believe! Your child will be the ruler of all they see as they sit atop our child-sized throne. The children will act out the role of princess complete with a royal crown, play royal games, and have pictures taken on the throne!
- If you intend to have more than 30 guests, you must book an additional room. An additional room is $25.00.
- A minimum $25 deposit is required 2 weeks prior to your party. If your deposit is not paid within 72 hours of your party, the party will automatically be cancelled. If you need to cancel a party, cancellations must be made at least 72 hours in advance of the party or the deposit will NOT be refunded.
- Reservations are scheduled for an hour and a half in each party room. You are allowed access to your room 15 minutes prior to the start of the party. Each party includes unlimited playtime in the Museum before and after your party during regular Museum hours.
- Pinatas are NOT allowed at the Muncie Children’s Museum parties.
- All provided birthday cakes will be ordered through Meijer.
- Each cake serves approximately 24 people. Additional cakes may be ordered.
- For Big Bash Parties:
- Additional cake: $12
- For Extravaganza Parties:
- Additional cake: $16
- Two 2-Liters of Sprite will be provided for all Big Bash, Extravaganza and Extravaganza Plus parties. (Additional 2-Liters will not be provided.)
- Tuesday – Friday
- By appointment
- 10 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
A la Carte List
- Candles (per candle) $0.05
- 10 assorted color plates $2.50
- 10 assorted color napkins $2
- 10 forks $1
- 10 cups $2
- Balloon bouquets (3 balloons) $5
- Additional Museum t-shirts $10.00/each plus tax
- Treat bags
- You choose the dollar amount and we will prepare them for you.
More information or reservations
For more information, please contact the Muncie Children’s Museum at 765-286-1660.